Will and Mindy Curtis

Sunday, May 12, 2013

8 weeks

A Yesterday was my first Mother's Day...this time last year I was putting the finishing touches on our wedding. Life is full of surprises and this was probably the best surprise of all. Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts I could have ever gotten. No other material gift could be better than the one I'm holding now. I've heard of love at first site...and I believe it. This baby girl has my heart. When she smiles at me I swear my heart gets a little bigger. 

In these short 8 weeks, I have changed so much. I get excited about poopy diapers. I cheer when Camille burps. I spend more time choosing her outfit than I do my own. I know what each cry means....hungry, tired, hurt tummy, or just mad. I love being home with her every day...I get to watch her change and grow. My absolute favorite thing is rocking her sleep at night....or any time during the day. I love when she looks up at me with those beautiful big eyes and snuggles up against my chest. It has become our nightly routine and I wouldn't change it at all. I will rock her until she is 20 if she wants me to. 

On Monday I have to go back to work. I'm dreading it. Even though its only for 4  1/2 days, it breaks my heart to not be here all day. I know the first day will be so rough....and I'm sure I'm going to cry. I'm blessed to have the entire summer to stay home with her but I will definitely miss her next week. 
 
As I celebrated yesterday, I thought of friends of mine that don't have children for various reasons. I pray that if motherhood is something you desire, that The Lord will give you the desires of your heart. And those if you with fur babies...you are a momma too. So Happy Mother's Day to you all. 

A little goofy time with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment