Will and Mindy Curtis

Monday, May 6, 2013

8 Things I Want My Daughter To Know

As I was feeding Camille at 4 o'clock this morning, I started thinking about everything I want our daughter to know. I want her to understand each of these things now, but I know it will be a long time before she does. Here are the 8 things I want her to know....

Camille,

1. You will never know how much I love you until you have a child of your own. There is no way I can ever tell you the impact you have had on my life.
2. Find a man that loves you and treats you like your Daddy does. You deserve nothing less.
3. Love Jesus first. Always.
4. You are beautiful. No matter what anyone says to you...no matter how you feel about yourself...you are gorgeous.
5. Laugh. Laugh a lot. Laugh at yourself. If you are anything like your Momma, you will do some dumb stuff. Laugh about it.
6. Listen to your parents. We don't know everything...but we are smarter than you think. You will figure this out in about 25 years.
7. Accept my apologies. I am going to make mistakes. Lots of mistakes. When I do, expect an apology and accept it.
8. Cherish your family...some people aren't lucky to have awesome grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...you do.





2 comments:

  1. I love lists...therefore, I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a list person...and you have inspired me with your blog :)

      Delete