Will and Mindy Curtis

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Workin' On My Fitness...

This morning I completed my first post-baby workout. I hear other women talk about how great it felt, how excited they were to get back at it. Well, let me be totally honest...it sucked. I had stopped working out before I got pregnant and it continued like that throughout my pregnancy. I could kick myself in the butt for doing that. I don't know if I have ever been this out of shape in my life. I'm ready for that to change. 

I don't like to exercise. I never have. I'm not a big fan of sweating. It feels gross. But I want to keep up with my daughter and any future children Will and I are blessed to have. And...I don't want to give up any food I love. Food is good. So because I want to get healthy again, keep up with my daughter and continue to eat the foods I love....I will run. I will sweat. I will get gross. 

I am not posting this as a way to brag. If you would have seen me on the treadmill you would understand there is nothing to brag about. Trust me. I'm posting this to keep myself accountable. Right now I'm keeping my exercising out of the public eye to avoid embarrassment for myself (and so others won't feel uncomfortable).  

I completed day 1 of week 1 of Couch to 5K. (http://www.c25k.com/) If you've never done this before you should. I did it years ago and it works. Weeks one and two are the worst in my opinion. I'm just telling myself that it does get easier and it will pay off. 

Now I get to enjoy the rest of my day with my beautiful girl....and maybe do a little housework. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment