Will and Mindy Curtis

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Why can't we all just get along?

Every day I feel that hatred is taking over our lives. One of the biggest issues that I see around our community and world is race. I teach a group of students that are so different from each other and myself. I work so hard at showing my students that I don't look at them and see color. I see "my kids". I see the children that I spend more time with than my own. I see the future of our world. I see the innocence. I see the comedians in little human bodies. I see so much potential.
 But when they leave my classroom, do they continue to hear this? Do they feel accepted by the rest of the world? I want them to feel accepted. I may not always agree with choices they make or lives they live, but I will always love them. I will always accept them. I hope that as Will and I raise our child and future children, that we can teach them the same. End rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment